Sunday, August 8, 2010

Checks and balances

Plaid and checked fabrics of sorts are constantly making the rounds, so when Dhany and I both wore checks at some point over the last couple of weeks, I thought it was interesting to see how we put them together.

Of course, checkered fabrics are among the more versatile and easily matchable, like stripes and polka dots, so they're a joy to wear.  Plus on a breezy, long-sleeved shirt, they can even be comfortable for hot days.



Dhany went for a more preppy look with navy pants and boat shoes, while I tried for something slightly more earthy.


Checked shirt - New Look.  Skinny jeans - Topshop.
Cutout sandals - Dr Martens.  Bag - The Lifestyle Mart.  Earrings - Present from my mother.

Photos by Jamie

These giraffe earrings with the purple and ruby coloured crystals just kill me.  The hook is really unusual too and I would buy a whole bunch more except that I can't remember where my mother said she gets them.

I'll have to ask her and see if I can gather some as presents or something. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails