Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am?! THANK YOU!

Thank you so much, Be!  Be, over at Tripping Over Stars gave me this blog award and I'm really touched... We read each other's blogs and comment regularly and I was really surprised that she chose me to pass this award to.  Do check out her blog, it's not exactly fashion centric, but it's refreshing and funny and I love it!

Special thanks also to Mimi at Soy Confessions, from whence this award originated.  She has a great fashion blog, very quirky and all her, and I love reading it and getting her very sweet comments. 

So as most awards usually do, this one came with a set of questions, so I'll answer it just in case all four of you readers are interested :P  (I totally did pat my back after reading the award, by the way.)




Cat or Dog?

I'm actually both a cat and a dog person, the same way I drink equal amounts of coffee and tea.  I don't actually understand how people can be so polarised over this - I once had both a cat and a dog at the same time and I can tell you they're both very lovable animals, and if I could, I would have a menagerie of both.


True Love or the Ability to Live Forever?

Definitely true love.  Who wants to live forever?  (If your answer is anything to do with Twilight, please keep it to yourself.)



Being Blind or Deaf?

This is SUCH a hard question, obviously because the one thing you lose with deafness is music and it's such a huge part of my life.  To not be able to enjoy a concert or play the piano again would be devastating, but of course, with blindness, I think you lose a lot more independence and mobility.  Can I cop out and say neither?  Or say blindness but with the proviso that I became a Stevie Wonder-like musical genius after?

No TV or no Computer?

Chuh, easy peasy.  No TV.  I've already not had a TV for nine or so months because the TV license in UCK is so damn expensive.

2 Hours of Sleep or 48 Hours of Sleep?

Two hours, definitely.  I have a massive problem in that I like to sleep, but anything longer than 9 straight hours of lying down and my back starts to hurt like blue murder.  I know, I don't understand it either.

No Makeup or No Breakfast?


No makeup, obvs.  I love love love breakfast and would kill the person who made me give it up.

Cold Shower or no Shower?

Okay, so, let me tell you a story.  Back in that horrendous time of my life called Winter, I'd just finished playing a sweaty game of badminton and came back to fill up the bathtub, only to find that the water heater wasn't working.  The water was like six degrees cold, and I tried to put my foot in but almost died.

So, and this is painful for me to admit, I wiped myself down with moist towelettes and slept on the floor so as not to dirty the bed.  In the morning, I slunk over to the sports centre feeling very angry and miserable to use the shower there.  I didn't sleep too well either.

So no shower, but only for a short while.  Hey, I'm from Singapore.  I can't take anything below scalding.

To Blog…or not to Blog?

Um, I would say yes?


As always, awards are made to be passed on, so I'm passing them on to people whose answers I would love to hear (because I read them regularly):

Grace at http://heartbrokenstorm.blogspot.com/
Shriya at http://seasonsingredients.wordpress.com/
Katherine at http://styleidoscope.blogspot.com/
Nav at http://navlandstyle.blogspot.com/
Camille at http://sacheebombom.blogspot.com/
Lea at http://prettyprudent.blogspot.com/

Can't wait to read all your answers!

11 comments:

SC said...

LOLOL sorry to confuse you with the last question =.= I was TRYING (emphasis on TRYING) to be funny but I guess I'm not hahah.

Great answers! It's so interesting to read everyone's answers heheh.

(And I dun think I can live with being blind or deaf either. I love music immensely as well :S And I love fashion! If I was blind... I dunno if I'd even have a personal style b/c I'm sure fashion wouldn't be one of my top priorities :S)

Grace said...

Congratulations!
These questions are very interesting :D
And, omg, thank you!! I can't wait to make this post!! :)

SC said...

Hey there Shoe (: There's a $25 giveaway to Apothica (an online cosmetics boutique) on my blog so I hope you'll check it out! Best of luck.

Love,
mimi

Bonnie said...

Aaaahahhaahaa. Your story about winter and playing badminton and having only cold water and almost dying --- seriously, I almost peed my pants. I would never get into my bed if I was that disgusting and was without showering. Thank God for moist towelettes, right?

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Tragicurlyhip said...

How do u keep a dog n cat at same time and make them get along ? Or did u raise themfrom when they were young?

LadyNansei said...

(If your answer is anything to do with Twilight, please keep it to yourself.)

Haha. So true. I actually thought of Twilight when I read that, something to do with living forever and true love. Although I would say their love is more obsessive than true...

I loved reading your answers!

Margarida said...

Congratulations! :)

Camille said...

thank you so much for the blog award! i wasnt expecting it at all! love the bit you answered about twilight! lol
i cant believe you actually dont polarise the cat dog issue! i'm a dog person, cats are soooo boring! :p
and you're excused on the cold shower story. i'd probably do the same!
thanks for the award again! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Suds!

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Yay! This was really fun to read. I'm with you on most things! I can't sleep for too long either. Well, I can... but I hate it. I'm actually really grumpy when I get TOO much sleep! Hahah. I know. I'm weird...

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Shoe said...

@Tragicurly - Hey! How are you? We got the cat when the dog was two and they tried to kill each other at first, but once they figured out neither was going anywhere, they became fast friends!

Related Posts with Thumbnails