Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dinner at eight

Back home, one of the things The D and I like to do is eat.  (This explains my not-quite-svelte physique.)

I mean, in Singapore, I don't think there's anyone who doesn't like to eat.  We have an unapologetic love affair with our food that most of the world greets with disbelief, and occasionally, disgust.  There are many eateries that stay open 24 hours and they're packed most of the time.  Most places don't close for the break between lunch and dinner because people keep right on going in between as well.  Going to dinner is a huge event, trumped only by the enthusiasm with which a 2am supper is greeted.  And don't even get me started on buffets.

So back home, we continually look out for good new places to try, and since The D is as sartorially um... inclined as I am, we like to get a bit fancy to do it.

When he came to visit, we made sure to hit up new places every.  Single.  Lunch and dinner.  I'm embarrassed to say that at least 50% of the schedule revolved around reservations.  Particularly exciting was the night we met up with five of my classmates/friends to try dinner at the much-hyped Jamie's Italian in the next city.

Top - Primark.  Jean leggings - New Look.  Oxfords - New Look.
Croc clutch - Secondhand vintage.  Earrings - F21.  Bracelet - Fie Japan.  
Rings - Diva.

I'd just bought this bright mustard top from Primark and I love how voluminous and relaxed the fit is.  Aki, a fellow blogger, suggested that there should be a specific category for outfits to eat in (as a Singaporean, I agree) and this definitely fits in that category.


Dhany wore something really cute.  I loved the unusual combination of the hoodie with the more formal collared shirt, but we disagreed on the cap.  I said he should go without, and well, you see how he felt.

I'll open to the floor.  What do you guys think?


PS  Though the food was hit-and-miss, the restaurant was very warm and big.  I wish I'd taken pictures of it, but true to form, I was too busy stuffing my face.

13 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

fun pics. love the last shot.

Margarida said...

Hello! Love your pics and Dhany's too. Your yellow top is so lovely! And also love the shoes!
Kisses :)

Anna said...

Yellow + gray - genius! I don't think I've seen this look done before. Very bold and chic.

Bravoe Runway said...

Love this outfit and you look fantastic in this colour, canary yellow and your friend is just as fabulous! Also, I've seen so many people feature clothes from Primark...I wish we had that in the US. Hope you'll stop by and perhaps we can follow each other?

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

YOU BOTH LOOK AMAZING. I love how BRIGHT your shirt is! Yellow is my favouriiite colour! I believe you can't be sad wearing YELLOW. You look beautiful and bright! :)

QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Grace said...

AMAZING outfit!! I love it so much!

Anonymous said...

great photos, I love your outfit! Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog too :)

Alice x

onesixthreechirp said...

Lovely outfit! :D

ohyouprettythings said...

Lovely shade of yellow! I have been looking for something like it to add to my fall wardrobe! You are sooo pretty! :]

The.Red.See said...

Love your blouse, the color and design are amazing!

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

i like your leggings and clutch

aki! said...

haha, I can't believe you linked back to me on your blog! We should do like... a collab post on it or something! If you're interested, you should email me at anime()krazy()idiot (at) gmail (dot) com. Take out/translate all the ()s.

I love the color of your top and I agree that it would be a great eating outfit.

Hope you email me!

fashion bags said...

Secondhand vintage.You might also like this website which is for fashion women bags:bosidu

Related Posts with Thumbnails