Monday, May 17, 2010

Goodbye

Ronnie James Dio was an unbelievable singer and he was the most larger-than-life performer at my first (and one of my most amazing) heavy metal concerts.

I remember being unable to move my eyes from him when he tore onto the stage, looking every inch the badass electric elf he was. He hit these ridiculous notes that sounded more machine than man and absolutely blew us all away amid a sea of maloikes. My heart was in my throat the whole time.

Beyond that, he was smart, witty and expressive and clearly an all-round cool guy.

I'm so glad we got to see him when we did, and terribly sorry we won't get to hear him live again.

Rest in peace, Dio, you are missed but sure as heaven and hell not forgotten.

2 comments:

Hanwei said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rajfsx0sUnU

Rock In Paradise Dio. \m/

Shoe said...

He totally will, I'm sure. He was a lightning bolt while he was here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails