Friday, September 16, 2011

Thanks, Aki!



Aki, of 7% solution (one of my favourite blogs) gave me an award!!  Thank you so much!  So, this is the one lovely blog award and the rules are as follows:
 
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them.
- Post seven things about yourself.
- Then answer the questions listed below.
- Pass the love to 15 bloggers. Let them know they received an award.





I'm really glad that it doesn't require me to pass this on to fashion bloggers because I read lots of cool blogs that aren't exactly fashion-related.  So, to start with:

I've already done seven things about myself and seven things that I'm anal about, so this time, I thought I would do seven things that I absolutely hate.  I've found that this list is quite irrational and arbitrary, and I'd love to hear what goes on yours!


1)  I loathe hand dryers.  I never use them in restrooms, I think they are a noisy, fussy, startling, uncomfortable waste of energy.  

2)  Cockroaches!  (Though I once kept 30 of them as pets for a science experiment.  I nearly died.)



3) Being hassled by any kind of tout.

4) Toilets and sinks that flush or go on automatically.  What's the need for automation when it comes on while you're still on, if you get my drift?  I'm perfectly capable of pressing a button or turning a handle, thank you.


5) People who have no sense of humour, or are easily offended.


6)  Static electricity.  I really really hate it, to the point that I am occasionally frightened by it and walk around jabbing at random things to earth myself, particularly after collecting washing from the dryer.


7)  I've realised that my list of hated things is so long that I had to think long and hard about what should jostle for the final spot.  I'm going to settle on flakiness.  I really really hate being stood up, or being promised things that never happen.


NAME YOUR FAVORITE COLOR: Black and red.

NAME YOUR FAVORITE SONG: Ever?!  I don't have one absolute favourite song, but my favourite song by my favourite band, The Beatles, is Girl.

NAME YOUR FAVORITE DESSERT: A really good banoffee pie.

WHAT PISSES YOU OFF: People being judgemental.

WHEN YOU ARE UPSET, YOU...: I cry and talk to myself. 

YOUR FAVORITE PET: I've had something like countless fish, eight hamsters, two budgies, a cat, a dog and a bat.  It would be sort of unfair to say in writing and make official which of these is my favourite, but if you've been following this blog in any small way, you'll know.

BLACK OR WHITE: Black!

YOUR BIGGEST FEAR: Uncertainty, or a lack of control.

MY BEST FEATURE:  I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.


EVERYDAY ATTITUDE: Um, anxiously optimistic.

WHAT IS PERFECTION: I hate the word perfection.  Nothing in life is perfect.  I prefer happiness.

GUILTY PLEASURE: I was going to say something NSFW, but I'll settle for bingeing on chocolate instead.


Nominees:
1) Season's Ingredients
2) Pieces of Scookys
3) Starbucks and a Girl
4) A Plus B in the Sea
5) Sache e Bombom
6) Solo Lisa
7)  Lexy!
8) Soy Confessions
9) Dressing the Higgenbottom
10) Qin at the Disco
11) Grace
12) The Cat Hag
13) Miss Dorothy
14) I accidentally spent my wages in Topshop
15) Tori!


I'm curious to know all your answers!

7 comments:

Fashionistable said...

Congratulations on your award. Nice to get to know you a bit more. Xxxx

The Cat Hag said...

Congrats on the blog award, and thanks much for passing it on to me. :)

I have a huge phobia of cockroaches too, they are super scary!


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

aki! said...

I can't believe that you hate cockroaches... but you kept 30 of them once. Most people I know who hate bugs can't stand the sight of them!

the nyanzi report said...

nice one. good to know you better.

Blue said...

My favorite song is by the Beatles as well, "Something"!!! Have a great weekend, and congrats on the award!

Grace said...

Wow thanks so much!! And congrats to you :) I totally agree with the automatic flashes thing lol!

Mitha Komala said...

congrats for the award dear :D omg the shoes!! love your top :D I love your blog, all contents are amazing <3
follow me if you love to, and i'll follow you back :)

http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails