Monday, September 12, 2011

Back in business


So it's been a while.  I went on unplanned hiatus because school work, university goodbyes and a roadtrip to Wales all happened in the best way possible, and in a manner that is far too exhausting to cover at length.

But I'm back now, and I bring something from the lovely Paperchase who, apart from carrying beautiful stationery and notebooks that make my heart go thump, stock an amazing range of cute, cartoony bags that will be right up your alley if you like Tokidoki or Artbox.


Shriya and I really wanted to buy a bag, but at £19 pounds, the (still gorgeous) bigger ones were still too expensive for our student budget.  That's when she had a great idea - to buy a lunch box to use as a purse!  I got really excited, and even more chuffed when we discovered that the lunchboxes were £6.50 a piece.  I know, right?  No one else believes it either.

I got one in this adorable monster print (though no one needs to know Shriya has the exact same design) and when I brought it out for a farewell dinner and drinks, loads of people asked me about it, and teased me good-naturedly about my lunchbox-bag.  As a mini train case, it works just fine, and at a 20cm length, it's more roomy than one would think.


So here's what I had inside it:

1)  Thick yellow scarf
2)  Ipod
3)  Cards
4)  Cash and change
5)  Eye drops for my contact lenses
6)  My £2 Body Shop lip balm that has been used by practically my whole class.  I'm like some crazy lip balm lady with three or four pots on me at all times and since half the class struggles with chapping, I dole them out during the break like some kind of soup kitchen person.
7)  The Body Shop moroccan rose perfume
8)  Not pictured: my phone

And that's really all you need, isn't it?  A quick tip for those wanting to try the tin-box-as-bag route: put in something soft like a scarf, or something heavy like a big wallet, to stop your stuff from clanging around in a very unbecoming way at the bottom.

Check out the other patterns - they have some adorable food ones - and feel free to share if you've recently done a what's in my bag as well!

Finally, I don't know what this says about me, but I was just as entranced by the packing the lunchbox came in.  I mean, look at it.  You can't say this doesn't get your pulse racing:

18 comments:

Henar said...

This is lovely, great post !

Henar
...OH MY VOGUE!

The Cat Hag said...

I absolutely adore Paper Chase, and the sight of your super cute lunchbox made me sit straight up!

I wish they had stockists here. :(


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

the nyanzi report said...

cute!

Grace said...

Aww how cute! Cool that you went to Wales :D
Love your yellow scarf and ipod!
And yes, that thing gets my pulse racing too :S

Anonymous said...

missed your posts!! - tragicurlyhip

Arianne said...

I love lunch boxes! I used to bring my Batman one to uni and I think everyone thought I was nuts but I loved it.

Unknown said...

that is such a fun case! love your pretty yellow scarf too :)

xoxo

Fashionistable said...

I totally get why you bought this. it is bright colourful and bags(forgive the pun) of fun. Xxxx

Anonymous said...

Shuli dear! OMG would you buy one back for me? HAhahahaHAHAHA! ;P
*Missing you
*AM

Lena said...

Lovely pictures!

Julia Lis said...

i love it!
tem post novo no blog
beijos
@julialis
http://julialis.blogspot.com/

trishie said...

So cuuuute!

naiad said...

hahahhahah great idea indeed! and there is enough space for everything!!!!!!
xxx
naiad
http://stateofgracebynaiad.blogspot.com/

Camille said...

glad you're back honey! lovely suitcase!
i also have a bunch of university dtuff to do and is hard to keep up with the bolg stuff!

Blue said...

Well, this is way cooler than a normal purse!

Unknown said...

That's a cool one .. I have a Hello Kitty lunchbox... reminds me my childhood...

htt://www.cougarvintage.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

that bag is SO cute.

menina elegante said...

super cute lunch box!! :)x

Related Posts with Thumbnails