Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Secret project: Revealed!

Um, well, sort of. 

I had been working on a project for Mavis' wedding earlier, which was strictly embargoed till the event was actually over, but I thought it would be nice to document the process anyway, so that I could look at it when it was done.

Mavis asked me to help her draw a wedding tree in lieu of a guestbook (credit to Jamie for the idea).  Guests were supposed to make green thumbprints on the branches for leaves and then sign their names.



She asked for a bicycle below the tree to commemorate the time Brandon cycled all the way to her house to give her a single flower.  I thought it would be cute to put two lovebirds on it, because I am endearingly creative that way, please note.





I used a brown ink pen with a tiny nib to get full control over all the lines (it makes your arm ache but it's well worth it and I can't paint to save my brother's nuts).  I erased all the pencil marks afterwards.




The final product, which we stuck in a dark wooden frame. 

I love drawing little things like this (and I'll do it for free), so if anyone wants a wedding tree or something similar, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige! 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails