Friday, November 12, 2010

Antique forests

The weather is CRAZY blustery these few days.  Every other moment, I'm running around the campus with gale force gusts threatening to knock me off my feet, although when they come up behind you suddenly, they can feel like a friendly tail wind.

Just outside my room, the wind roaring through the trees makes the sound of an ocean and remind me of the time I stayed in my cousin's house in Terengganu by the sea as a child.  We woke up at 5am, shivering with excitement in the sea breeze and read picture books as the waves crashed into morning.



To complement the fall winds and fall colours (and to cheer myself up because it's dreary) I whipped out my trusty mustard tights and a blouson vintage dress that is otherwise too warm, and took a walk in the woods.  The muted warm tones really lent themselves to antique photograph lighting.

I love both the dress' pattern and breezy versatility and at home, I wear it with bare legs and cute sandals.

And I wore the outfit to a casual birthday party afterwards!

Dress - Vintage.  Tights - Topshop.  Boots - Dr Marten. 
Earrings - Tesco.  Necklace - Claire's.





I bought these cute earrings from Tesco for a few pounds and I just love how they look both like Japanese umbrellas and oriental fans.   Simple jewellery with clean lines but eye-catching details like these always make my day.

Hope you're having some nice breezy walks these few days, just as I am!


PS Tiny milestone celebration, this blog has reached it's 150th post!  WHEE!



13 comments:

Ai said...

Cute dress♥ and I love your necklace!!

xoxo
Ai

Collette Osuna said...

LOve your dress.....those mustard tights are PERFECT with it:)

You look great..I just saw you link on Bloglovin...wanted to say HI:)

Stop by and say Hello♥

Come Join Me for Twitter Tuesday!!♥

TIMELESS IS MORE said...

your boots are perfection! Following you :)

Visit my blog and enter my Tory Burch giveaway if you want! XXX

http://timeless-is-more.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

oooooooooh prettyyyy!! me likey. more more!
-urbanjade-

Joll Burr said...

i love the tights!currently looking for some like theese - opaque, yellow:)

http://jollburrfashion.blogspot.com

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Cute dress! I'm in love with your header x hivennn.

Shoe said...

Thanks UrbanJade, I'm working on a post as we speak :P

Thanks for stopping by Joll! Check out Topshop, their tights are good quality and the 120 denier ones are very nicely opaque.

Thanks Hivennn!! I drew it for fun!

melo said...

LOOKING HOT SHU! Love this outfit, stunning photos ;)

Shoe said...

MELO THANK YOU!!! How are you?! Long time no hear!

Anonymous said...

love the dress!
can include in giveaway? tanks!

- kolicious

melo said...

I'm good!! School was keeping me busy. I really enjoy reading your posts and the photos are superb :)This is my fav fashion/lifestyle blog (for real)!

Shoe said...

Awww thank you, that is SO nice of you :)

Ah school... How I love being in school! Are you enjoying it? When are you finishing? Or have you finished already? :O

Shoe said...

@ Kokolicious - HOHO. Are you sure you want a dress that has already been worn several times by me?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails