Thank you so much! She gave me this award a couple of days ago, and I'm so excited! So:
To Do Now:
Thank the person who gave you the award and link him/her on your blog:
She's one of the permanent links in my bookmarks list. Please check out her blog, she does a wonderful mix of her own photos and fashion pictures from other sources and the blog is cute, girly and a little bit dreamy, all things I absolutely love in a blog. She's also wonderful with replying comments, so please go ahead and leave one!
List 7 things about you:
I did seven things about me recently and so I thought I would do something a little different. Here's seven things I'm really obsessive about (hold on to your horses, it's a long list):
1) My PB and J sandwiches. I am obsessed with PB and J and I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a late night snack, but always, ALWAYS in the same format. Open-faced wholegrain bread toasted to nearly burnt, a thick smear of chunky peanut butter so you can't see the bread below and the thinnest smearing of a tart jam (think blackcurrant or raspberry) so that I can see right past the jam to the PB. No sloppy jam for me! And a roughly 1/2 cm margin round the edge of the toast so nothing drips over. I know, I'm really easy, right?
2) Tomatoes. I loathe raw tomatoes and obsessively check every salad and sandwich for them. Still they're quite soft and pulpy and leave behind lots of traces, so for someone who hates tomatoes, I eat an awful lot of them. (I ate like half a one just last week. Hah. "Half a one". What kind of English is that?!)
3) Lip balm. At least four or five times a day and always right before I go to bed.
4) The quality of my notebooks and pens. I'm REALLY obsessive about my stationery and sometimes, when people try to sneak off with one of my special pens that I can't buy here, I try really really hard to be calm and rational and not all OCD freak on them, but I ain't gonna lie, it's hard.
5) Keeping my windows open at least half the day for fresh air, even in the dead of winter.
6) My handwriting. I took AGES to get my handwriting as neat as it is. I'm not a naturally neat person so my handwriting used to be this ugly scrawl, but my love of journalling made me whittle it into a small, neat, cramped hand over six or seven years. I still scribble when I write quickly so I don't bother to police it in class and such, but in my diaries or journals... well, this is really horrendously embarassing, but I've been known to stop using a diary if the neatness of a single post displeases me. (Do I sound like the Queen or what?! WE ARE NOT AMUSED! Or, I am, but WE aren't.)
7) Always, always, always double spaces after a full stop. Even though Facebook, this blog and chat windows automatically "correct" it. Always.
Give the Award to 5 people:
My favourite part! There are people I've been dying to give awards to but couldn't because they weren't exactly fashion bloggers. Well, watch me go now! These five people are some of the most friendly people I've had the fortune to meet on the Interwebs (one in real life) and I love reading all of them!
1) My friend Shriya over at Season's Ingredients. Her food blog is fun and it's interesting because you get to see how she works around the food and money restraints of living in a hostel. Plus, she has agreed to do a chunky peanut butter comparison for me soon. YAY!
2) Ai from Candy Apples. She makes bread, she writes and she takes photos of all kinds of interesting things about her life in Japan from meals to holidays and although I'm not always fond of reading about people's everyday lives, every single one of Ai's posts fascinates me! Something about the presentation, perhaps?
3) Jenni from Stop Making Sense. Jenni has been uber friendly since the first time I met her on the Interwebs, she's one of those people who replies every comment! Plus her blog is beautiful, with beautiful photos in lovely locations and outfits and will you LOOK at her gorgeous hair?!
4) Zarna at Zarna's Runway. Zarna's runway is one of the first fashion blogs I ever read, back when she was virtually unknown and now she has tons and tons of readers. I LOVE the pictures on her blog. She dresses well, but you can also tell that she's innately stylish!
5) Qin from Qin at the Disco. Qin, my fellow countryman, marches to the beat of her own drum. Her style and outfits are so unique and so her and I hugely respect that in any personal style blogger, that they're not just copying whatever comes out of magazines. Strongly recommended.
I hope you guys enjoy my recommendations, and thank you again, MIXXEDCULTURE!! <3